SunTrust Banks, Inc., with total assets of $179.1 billion on March 31, 2009, is one of the nation’s largest financial holding companies. Atlanta-based SunTrust operates 1,694 retail branches and 2,673 ATMs in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, and the District of Columbia.
SunTrust is offering a free checking account for its members.
Features and Benefits Incude:
- No minimum balance requirement or monthly maintenance fee
- NSF (insufficient funds) first item fee discount1 (see below for further details)
- Free Online Banking with Bill Pay with 24 hour access to your accounts
- Discounts on consumer installment loans, home equity lines of credit and home equity loans2 (see below for further details)
- Free use of SunTrust ATMs3 (see below for further details)
- Free Classic Check Card with option to enroll in SunTrust Rewards4 (see below for further details)
- Free 1st order of small package of checks
- Unlimited check writing with no per transaction fees and unlimited teller transactions
- Eligible for Get Started SavingsSM account
- No monthly maintenance fee Personal Savings Account
- Discounted Equifax Identity Theft Protection and Credit Monitoring5 (see below for further details)
- No annual fee Platinum Visa® Credit Card with SunTrust Rewards6 (see below for further details)
- Free Mobile Banking7 (see below for further details)
- Free 24/7 Automated Telephone Banking and extended hours for live customer service
- Overdraft Protection Options
- Free check safekeeping and online statements
Terms and Conditions:
- One time discount only. Clients are ineligible for the discount if they have already incurred or after incurring one NSF item.
- 0.25% interest rate reduction off the standard rate of a consumer loan or line of credit; an additional 0.25% reduction off the standard rate of a consumer loan or line of credit if payment is automatically deducted from a SunTrust checking, savings, or money market account. An additional 0.25% interest rate reduction off the standard rate of a consumer loan or line of credit if you have a qualifying first mortgage from SunTrust Mortgage, Inc. Maximum discount is 0.75%. All loan and line discount offers are subject to change. Offer for new and refinanced consumer loans and lines of credit, as well as for credit line increases. Relationship pricing discounts are not available on existing consumer loans or lines of credit.
- Use any SunTrust ATM for withdrawals, deposits, and balance inquiries at no charge.
- To enroll your Check Card in SunTrust Rewards, contact your local SunTrust branch or visit suntrust.com/rewards.
- Equifax Credit Watch products available at a discount for Free Checking account holders.
- Subject to credit approval. The SunTrust Credit Card Program is administered by Infi Bank, N.A.
- SunTrust does not charge a fee for the use of SunTrust Mobile Banking. If you do not already have a data plan with your wireless service provider, normal data rates will apply.
The above information is provided by OpenFreeCheckingAccount.com for informational purposes only. OpenFreeCheckingAccount.com is not responsible for any changes to any benefits by the bank. Contact your local branch for further information.