Suncoast Credit Union
Suncoast Schools Federal Credit Union was chartered in 1934 as Hillsborough County Teachers Credit Union. They serve many counties along the West coast of Florida including, Charlotte, Citrus, Collier, DeSoto, Glades, Hardee, Hendry, Hernando, Hillsborough, Lee, Levy, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas and Sumter counties. Suncoast Schools Federal Credit Union is the largest credit union in Florida and the 14th largest credit union in the U.S., based on assets. As of October 31, 2012, Suncoast had assets of almost $5.2 billion and over 540,000 members.
Suncoast offer a full range of deposit, lending, and investment products through its branches, ATM network, Members Contact Center, and the Internet.
While other banks might have done away with their free checking accounts, at Suncoast Schools Federal Credit Union, free checking is alive and well. Some banks have done away with their free checking accounts and have started charges fees for services that were once free – such as visiting a teller, calling a branch or opting for paper statements. Suncoast wants you to know that you don’t have to continue paying the fees that your bank might be charging. With their Smart Checking account free checking means free checking.
Suncoast Credit Union Smart Checking Account Benefits:
- If you want to conduct your transactions online – Free
- If you want to call a branch – Free
- If you want to speak face to face with a teller – Free
- If you want to use the drive through at a branch – Free
- If you want to receive printed statements in the mail – Free
- Visa check card – Free
- Unlimited check writing – Free
- Suncoast owned ATMs – Free
- Publix Presto ATMs and thousands of Co-Op ATMs – Free
- Online bill pay service – Free
- Direct deposit and payroll deduction – Free
- Overdraft protection – Free
Suncoast for Schools Rewards Check Card
How would you like to help yourself while at the same time helping out local school kids? With a Suncoast for Schools Rewards Check Card, you now can! Everytime you make a purchase with the Suncoast for Schools Rewards Check Card, Suncoast donates two cents to the Suncoast Foundation to fund education-related initiatives in your local community. It doesn’t cost you a thing, and you’ll also receive Scorecard Rewards Bonus Points, plus all of the other benefits of Suncoast Smart Checking.
ScoreCard Rewards Bonus Points – Everytime you use the Suncoast Schools Rewards check card for purchases, you will earn bonus points for every $3 in net purchases. You can then use these points to redeem rewards online.
Suncoast Smart Checking Features:
- Free Suncoast Exclusive checks (One box per year)
- Free Visa debit card – no monthly fees or usage charges
- ScoreCard Rewards Bonus Points on all debit purchases (One point earned for every 3 dollars spent)
- No monthly service fees
- Free images of cleared checks (Past 3 months available online using SunNet free online banking)
- No minimum balance requirements
- Unlimited check writing
- Free access at Suncoast and Publix Presto ATMs and thousands more in their network
- Free eStatements and combined account statements
- Free overdraft protection
- Free access over the phone, in branches and point-of-sale
- Free online banking, bill pay and mobile banking
- Free Android and iPhone Apps
- Spanish statements available
- Free direct deposit and payroll deduction
- $25 opening deposit required for Regular and Choice 55 checking
- $5 opening deposit required for Teen checking accounts
With a Suncoast Smart Checking account, you get to keep whatever balance you desire, write as many checks as you need, earn ScoreCard Rewards Bonus Points, access your account as often as you like and never get hit with excessive or hidden fees.
Additional Free Services:
- Overdraft Protection
- Suncoast for Schools Rewards Check Card
- Payroll Deduction
- Direct Deposit
- Automatic Transfer
Suncoast’s free checking offer is subject to change at any time. Please consult your Suncoast representative for current free checking account offers.