A PerkStreet account is a fully serviced FDIC-insured checking account, issued by one of their bank partners with a debit rewards card. While PerkStreet offers and services a range of banking products, they are not a chartered bank. Instead, they partner with FDIC-insured banks to hold the deposits in Perkstreet checking and savings accounts. This allows them to focus on developing great products and providing great customer service while your money is insured up to the full legal limit of $250,000.
Currently, Perkstreet works with two issuing banks, The Bancorp Bank and Provident Bank. The Bancorp Bank, a publicly traded bank that is listed on the NASDAQ. The Bancorp Bank has over $3 billion in assets and is headquartered in Wilmington, DE. Provident Bank is headquartered in Montebello, NY and is publicly traded on the NY Stock Exchange. Provident Bank has over $3 billion in assets.
A PerkStreet checking account comes with free access to over 23,000 ATMs, free online bill pay, and free online transfers. The average American can earn over $500 per year just by swiping their PerkStreet Financial Debit MasterCard. A PerkStreet Financial Debit MasterCard is a great alternative to people who use credit cards just for the rewards.
When you use a PerkStreet debit card, the money is automatically withdrawn from your checking account with no additional interest to be paid. When you use a credit card for the rewards program, the charges that you make function as a loan to you from the credit card company. You will have to pay interest on whatever item that you bought until the item is fully paid off. Depending on how long it takes for you to pay off your credit card purchase, you may end up paying much more for that initial purchase than you might have ever imagined. With a PerkStreet Financial Debit MasterCard, there is no additional interest to be paid and you don’t have to worry about owing more than the initial price of the item you bought. The debit card option lets you earn rewards without putting yourself in unnecessary debt.
PerkStreet Checking Account Features:
- Free PerkStreet Debit MasterCard
- Earn 1% cash back on qualifying transactions almost anywhere you use your card – plus 2% cash back at popular online retailers and up to 25% cash back with PowerPerks (contact PerkStreet for details)
- 20,000+ Free ATMs
- FDIC insurance on deposits
- Complete Online Banking
- Free Online Bill Pay
- Free automated online money transfers from other bank accounts
- Mail checks to anyone for free, postage paid
- No overdraft fees if you choose
- No monthly fees for active account holders
- Postage paid deposit envelopes
- Free paper checks
- Mobile alerts for transaction and balances
- 24/7 fast phone and email service
- Your money is FDIC insured (up to the standard $250,000)
- Your PerkStreet Financial Debit MasterCard is protect by the MasterCard Zero Liability Policy, which ensures you won’t be held liable for any unauthorized transaction
- The 1% cash-back-Platinum Debit MasterCard, plus bonuses up to 25%
- Stay out of debt – it’s a debit card, not a credit card, so you don’t have to worry
- Join a family of families sharing money-saving tips and tricks for staying debt-free
- Start earning without leaving your bank – money transfers are free
- No credit check
- No annual fee
- It’s free to get and free to use
Cash Back Perks
- The PerkStreet Financial Platinum Debit MasterCard is your personal key to saving
- Earn unlimited 1% cash back almost anywhere you use your card
- Earn 2% cash back at several popular retailers
- With PowerPerks, get up to 25% cash back on special offers from leading brands picked for you weekly
- Redeem at more than 35,000 leading retail and restaurant locations for free, or use 2 perks to redeem directly to your account
- Get an extra bonus for paying with a PerkStreet friend
- Make free online transfers between PerkStreet and your bank
- Sign up for direct deposit through your employer
- Use their free postage-paid envelopes to mail checks
- Overnight checks for free at any UPS Store location
- Use any one of their 42,000 ATMs in the STARsf network
- Nobody has more surcharge-free ATMs
- Their ATMs are in places you already go to, such as Target and Walgreens
- Pay your bills easily with free online bill pay
- Automate free transfers between PerkStreet and other banks
- See transactions and track your balance in near-real time
- Set mobile alerts for low balances and other events
- Check your perks and redeem in seconds
- Their U.S. –based call center is available 24/7
- Speak with live individuals when you have a question or problem
- Get help via email if you prefer
- Post questions on Facebook or Twitter and you will also get a quick response
While there is never a monthly fee for using your account, there is an inactivity fee of $4.95. If you don’t use your account in a given month you will be assessed this inactivity fee. Doing any of the following at least once each month ensures that you won’t be assessed a monthly inactivity fee: making a transaction with your debit card, writing a check that clears the account, using Online Bill Pay, initiating a withdrawal, or making a deposit to the account.
For any other possible fees, visit PerkStreet Financial’s website or contact a PerkStreet Financial representative.
Account Terms and Conditions can change at any time without notice. Contact your PerkStreet Financial Representative for more details.