GTE Financial is a credit union. As a not-for-profit financial cooperative, they owe their loyalties to you, the members. GTE opened its door in Tampa, Florida in 1935 and has been going strong ever since. In 2013, GTE Financial welcomed their 200,000th member.
As part of the credit union, you are a member. Everyone who joins a credit union is a member. The organization is run by a volunteer, unpaid Board of Director that is elected by the membership, unlike banks who are owned by and answer to paid executives and stockholders. The end result is that GTE Financial, as well as other credit unions, make their decisions with your needs in mind.
GTE Financial has a Free Checking Account offer that comes with benefits. When GTE says free checking, they really mean free checking.
GTE Financial Free Checking Features:
- No minimum balance requirement
- No minimum balance fee
- No direct deposit requirement
- Free unlimited check writing
- Free online check images
- Free Mastercard debit card
- Free credit union rewards – sign for your purchases and earn rewards points to redeem for great incentives
- Free ATMs – GTE is part of the ATM CO-OP network, which gives you access to over 28,000 Free ATMs across the US and Canada
- Free eStatements – receive your statements fast and securely within Online Banking
- Free Online and Mobile Banking – 24/7 access to your accounts on your computer or on your mobile phone
- Free Bill Pay – pay all of your bills quickly and securely by logging into Online Banking
- Free automated phone banking
- Free Popmoney – allows you to pay people with just their cell phone number or email
- Free Deposit2GO – allows you to make deposits with a cell phone or desktop scanner
- Free friends and family transfer – allows you to send money to other GTE members with only a click
- Free Account Balance Alerts – sent to your email or cell phone
The checking account information provided above is subject to change at any time. Please contact your local GTE Financial representative for additional information, terms and conditions.