Low Fee Checking
Citizens Bank does not offer a free checking account in the traditional sense. Instead they offer a low fee checking account known as Green Checking, but there is a way for you to waive those monthly maintenance fees.
The Green Checking, checking account package charges a low monthly maintenance fee of $4.99. Citizens Bank allows you the option to waive this monthly maintenance fee if you are able to make 5 qualifying payment transactions per month from your account, contact your local branch for details. You may also waive this monthly maintenance fee by maintaining an average balance of $1,500.
If you are able to meet either of these requirements this will change from a low fee checking account to a free checking account for as long as you are able to meet the bank requirements.The Green Checking, checking account is a non-interest bearing checking account.
There is a minimum opening balance requirement of $50 to open this checking account. Bank debit card is available pending approval.
- Unlimited check writing
- Unlimited online access to accounts
- Pay bills, make transfers, set up alerts, and more
- ATM card
- Access to more than 2,600 ATMs and 1,480 branches
- Instant access to your funds via direct deposit
- If you are approved for a Citizens Bank Debit Card, you will be able to choose between two great Debit Rewards Programs (contact local branch for more details)
- Earn up to $120 per year for going paperless with Green$ense
- Redeem points for retail merchandise for your everyday purchases with Everyday Points
The above information is provided by OpenFreeCheckingAccount.com for informational purposes only. OpenFreeCheckingAccount.com is not responsible for any changes to any benefits by the bank. Contact your local branch for further information.