Completely Free Checking
Capital One is proving that they aren’t just a credit card company. In addition to credit cards and auto loans…they provide checking, savings, money market accounts and online banking services.
Capital One’s offers 2 free checking account options to their customers, Rewards Checking and Completely Free Checking.
The Rewards Checking is covered in the following article, so we’ll focus on the Completely Free Checking in this article. This is a really good free checking account, but due to the mandatory visit to their branch offices in Texas, Louisianna or their headquarters branch in McLean, Virginia in order to complete the process…not everyone will be able to take advantage of this one, but for those who can, it’s worth a further examination.
- No monthly service fee
- No minimum balance requirement
- No direct deposit requirement
- Unlimited check writing
- Return of check images for easy record keeping
- $50 minimum opening deposit
- Free Online Banking-including Alerts & bank-to-bank money movement
- Free Online Bill Payment Service, paid on time-guaranteed (see below for details)
- Free Platinum Debit Card-choose from over 20 designs (see below for details)
- Free 24-hour telebanking
- Hassle-Free Switch Kit makes switching your bill pay, automatic payments and direct deposits to Capital One easy
- Receive valuable discounts and savings withThe Plus Package (see below for details)
After submitting your application, you will be required to visit a branch office in Texas, Louisiana or our headquarters branch in McLean, Virginia to complete the process.
Completely Free Checking Terms:
- Customer purchases checks
- Free Online Bill Payment Service isn’t intended for use by commercial and institutional clients with annual sales exceeding $10 million. If you schedule a bill payment through Capital One online bill pay service at least 4 business days before the due date and meet the other requirements of the Online Bill Payment Authorization and Agreement and incur a late fee or penalty fee because the payment does not arrive on time, Capital One will reimburse you (up to $50) for any late fee or penalty you incur and will work with you and the payee to resolve any issues associated with a delayed payment.
- At certain ATMs owned and operated by Capital One Bank located I gaming establishments and at certain other non-branch locations having no Capital One signage, you may be charged a fee up to $4.99 for each cash withdrawal. The amount of the fee varies by the location and will be displayed on the ATM screen. You will be given an opportunity to cancel the transaction before the fee is imposed.
- A $3 monthly fee applies to Tower Gold and Tower Advantage members. A $5 monthly fee applies to all other checking accounts.
The above information is offered by OpenFreeCheckingAccount.com for informational purposes only. Capital One reserves the right to change any of its benefits at any time. Please contact your local branches for further details. OpenFreeCheckingAccount.com is not responsible for any changes or discrepancies to this or any other banking information listed on this site.