Capital Credit Union
Capital Credit Union is a community-based credit union with branch offices in North Dakota. They were founded in 1936. Capital Credit Union currently has a membership of 21,203 and assets of $216 million. For a deposit of $25, you can open a Share Savings Account for a deposit of $25, which will allow you to join and enjoy all of the membership benefits of this credit union including competitive returns on your savings, low loan rates, and a variety of special services.
Capital Credit Union has a free checking account that also pays dividends (interest) called CU Connect.
CU Connect Checking Account Features:
- No minimum balance
- Dividends paid on balances of $500 or more
- Free Debit Card
- Free ATM cash withdrawals at any ATM in the U.S.
- Refund for surcharge at another financial institution’s ATM (Must mail or bring your receipt to Capital Credit Union within 60 days for full refund. Refunds limited to $12 per month.)
- Free Debit Card that pays you $0.03 per purchase transaction (Total cash back deposited into checking account at the end of each month)
- Free Overdraft/NSF (One fee can be waived per year. Member must notify Capital Credit Union to have fee refunded.)
- No monthly service fee
- Free Checks – One box per year (Free checks only available in specific check designs)
CU Connect account Eligibility Requirements:
- Debit Card
CU Online is Capital Credit Union’s Free Internet service, which allows you to manage your Capital Credit Union accounts, 24/7 using your computer. With it you can check your balances, review your account history, transfer funds, print statements, order checks, etc. CU Online includes Free Web Checks, Free E-Statements, Free E-Letters and Free Online Bill Payment.
- Web Checks allows you to view the front and back of any check that has cleared your account on CU Online. Within CU Online, just click on the underlined check number in your account history. This is a free service.
- E-Statements is a fast and convenient way to get your statements. You will receive an email notifying you that your E-Statement is available inside CU Online. Your statements will be available within a the first few days of the month.
- E-Letter allows you to receive notices and disclosures quickly. You will receive your E-Letters right inside CU Online.
- Bill Payment is a fast and convenient way to pay your bills online without the hassle of checks, stamps and envelopes. The funds are automatically deducted from your primary checking account to make your payment. Electronic bill payment is a free service.
All Capital Credit Union Accounts Include:
- Free 24-hour Anytime Access phone teller service
- Free E-Statements
- Free 24-hour CU Online Internet access
- Free Web Checks
- Free Online Bill Pay
All accounts are insured up to $500,000
There is an online checking account application that makes applying for a Capital Credit Union membership something that you can do from any location that you have access to the internet.
The debit card can be used in place of your checkbooks to make purchases wherever VISA is accepted. Purchases are withdrawn from your checking account in the same manner as if you were writing a check. It can also be used to access cash from your account at any ATM. Capital Credit Union offers Debit Card Fraud Protection Service on all debit cards.
You can make withdrawals, transfer funds, make loan payments, inquire about your balance, or find out which drafts have cleared your account via your touch-tone phone or rotary phone with an adapter. Anytime access, your automated phone teller will answer your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
To help you save time, you can have Capital Credit Union deduct specified amounts from your paycheck for savings or to make your loan payment.
This is a safe and easy way to deposit your paycheck. By direct depositing your paycheck, you no longer have to wait in line and there is no chance of your paycheck being lost in the mail.
Capital Credit Union offers mobile banking to its members with CU Online. As long as you have access to the web on your mobile device, you will be able to gain access to your Capital Credit Union accounts.
With automatic transfers, you can have funds transferred automatically to your loan payment or into your savings account.
Capital Credit Union Membership Requirements:
Joining Capital Credit Union is simple. You can apply for a Capital Credit Union membership by fulfilling one of the following requirements:
- You live in Dickson, ND
- You live within 75 miles of Bismarck, ND
- You live within 75 miles of Hazen, ND
- You live within 75 miles of Fargo, ND
- You live within 50 miles of Beulah, ND
- Your immediate family lives within 50 miles of Bismarck, ND
Note: Immediate family includes: spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandparent, grandchild, stepparent, stepchildren, and stepsiblings. Immediate family members living outside of the radius may become members only if family members living inside the radius are members.